Hiring new students
I am looking for highly motivated PhD, master’s, and undergraduate students.
Prospective PhD students: recruiting 3 PhD new students this season. Please apply to USC CS PhD program and mention my name as the prospective advisor.
Current USC PhD students, please email me.
Current USC Master students: please fill this form (must be logged in with USC GSuite account) and email me.
Areas of interests for PhD recruiting:
- Building a distributed operating system for flash bursts
- Energy efficient datacenter computing
- MLSys: e.g., making ML training/serving more efficient
What I look for:
- Programming Skills: a PhD student should be able to build a prototype in C++, Rust, or CUDA. Prior experience in companies such as Google/Facebook/Microsoft is a good indicator of this.
- Communication Skills: communication skills can be learnt during the PhD, but you need to start out willing to share and learn. If you are extremely shy/do not talk up, it will not matter how smart you are or how great your work is.
- Yibo Yan (PhD)
- Wanyu Zhang (MS)
- Hengzhi Chen (MS)